When the family is apart, you don’t need to spend a ton of $$$ to mail off your gifts for husband. Instead, use these cheap care package ideas and send them in a large envelope. Envelopes are much cheaper to send and less expensive to fill too.
Remember, pretty much anything flat, thin, and not hazardous is a potential for the package. By sending large envelopes, you can save money, send things more often, and create personal care packages your sweetie will love!
Ideas that you can fit in large envelope postage
- Handwritten notes
- Drawings from the kids
- Drawings made by you
- A sign- store-bought, or homemade with special inside jokes
- Use Publisher or a similar program to create a newsletter with funny articles he’ll like. All family members could have a column, even the dog!
- Make paper frames for pictures with scrapbook paper
- Gift card
- Coupons for topics during phone conversations
- Phone cards
- Report cards to brag on the kids’ grades
- Menus from your favorite new restaurant for them to check out. They’ll look forward to going with you!
- Place a very thin piece of cardboard in the envelope to help keep it flat!
- Decorate the outside (drawing/coloring) or put a smaller envelope inside a larger pocket and decorate the smaller one.