If your morning begins with a magical drink – a fragrant freshly brewed coffee, prepared by a modern automatic appliance, then you have to know how to use the coffee machine. Certainly, you can roast the beans yourself, grind them, and make coffee in the coffee pot. However, when you are in a hurry, after all, it is better to rely on the coffee machine. It will save your time and control the process of making coffee, and most importantly, the coffee machine will prepare the exact drink that will charge you with energy for the whole day. The favorite coffee machines among coffee lovers are the bean-to-cup coffee machine and the capsule coffee machine.
Meet the bean-to-cup coffee machine
The basic principle of operation of all bean-to-cup coffee machines is pretty much the same. You will still have to read the instructions because the quality of the drink, and subsequently your mood, depends on your compliance with all the rules. In addition, each model has its own nuances in operation.
Principle of operation
This type of coffee machine grinds the bean that is loaded into a special container, and measures the coffee out according to the setting you choose. When the necessary button is pressed, a certain amount of boiling water from a special tank is passed through the resulting powder under pressure.
Before making coffee in the appliance you just bought, rinse the water tank thoroughly to remove the shop dust. Check if you installed it correctly after removal.
- Plug the machine into an electrical outlet, then turn on the power with a special button (it is usually located on the front panel) or with a toggle switch (search for it on the side or on the back of the device). Do not be alarmed when the unit starts to work loudly – the first 10-15 seconds are spent on testing the serviceability of the device.
- Fill the tank with cold water, hot water can damage the plastic parts. It is better to brew coffee from bottled water or properly filter the water at home, so limescale does not build up on heating elements.
- The next step is to pour the coffee beans into the coffee grinder of the device.
- Before turning on the main program, do not forget to make a drain to expel air from the system. To do this, just turn on the water with a special valve and wait until the stream begins to flow smoothly.
- Wait until a message appears on the display indicating that the coffee machine is ready for operation, or a certain button lights up green. Before making coffee, heat the cup by getting a little hot water from the coffee machine with the drain button.
- Put the cup under the nozzle, and if it’s low, pull down the dispenser so that the coffee does not splatter. Determine which beverage you are going to prepare, select the desired program, click the appropriate button, and wait until your service is ready.
After preparing the coffee, you don’t have to switch the appliance off, after 10-15 minutes, it will automatically go into standby mode.
Cappuccino maker: a nice addition to the coffee machine
If the bean-to-cup coffee machine is equipped with a milk frother, be sure to use this function! To make Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, you need to forth the milk: put the frothing tube into a cup of milk, put the cup under the cappuccino nozzle, run the program.
To make the milk froth more fluffy, slowly turn the cup while frothing the milk.
Move the cup with milk foam under the main nozzle, select the desired program for making coffee.
A principle of operation of the capsule coffee machine
Using a capsule coffee machine is a pleasure, because the device is very easy to operate:
- Pour water into the heating tank.
- Put a polymeric capsule in a special compartment; do not forget to pierce it.
- Under the nozzle on a special heated rack, put the cup, set the desired volume, press the button – and the fragrant coffee will be ready literally in half a minute.
Try to get to know the coffee machine as soon as possible in order to learn how to use it properly. Then the unfriendly monster will surely turn into a caring and indispensable assistant!