This is the question asked by innumerable women every day. They don’t know what to do because they love their husband, or because they have children, or just because they are afraid to face the consequences of being a divorcee, etc. I personally know married women facing this devastating reality. They are broken, they are confused, they are worried about their children. They are worried about their future. They just don’t know what to do.
They often say
“My husband cheated on me and I still love him”
So, I’ve decided to answer that big question. This post will be my point of view, many won’t agree with it and that’s fine. This is just what I think about ‘what should be done’. If you are looking for a scholar’s opinion, this is the wrong post.
Let me just put it out, ‘cheating on your husband/wife is an act I consider unforgivable.’ No matter what the reasons may be. There is never, ever a reason BIG enough to justify cheating on your partner. Nothing can justify it. Nothing.
Tips what to do when your husband cheats
- (I might repeat quite a few words and you might get annoyed. I just feel very strongly about this.)
- I can never understand why women choose to live a miserable loveless life with a cheating husband. Maybe, for the sake of their children? I don’t know.
- A cheating husband who has no guilt or remorse over his actions and continues to do it again and again, this man deserves to be slapped in the face and ditched to live a lonely sad life. Why do women continue to live with such kind of disgusting men?
- Everyone deserves to live a happy life with a partner who truly loves them. I say, give yourself another chance at love. I know this is easy to say, but I really believe this.
- Why would you want to live a miserable life? Respect yourself enough to walk away.
- Such men deserve to be left alone! They will realize what they truly have lost after you leave. They will realize one day what they had was much better.
- Some of you might say, ‘be patient’. Being patient for a while is valid, but when the person shows no remorse and continues with his illicit relationship, action has to be taken.
- Some men justify it saying all men do it. It might be common but that doesn’t make it acceptable.
- Women should stand up for themselves, stand against this emotionally abusive marriage. Get out of it, I would say. I’m not encouraging divorce, but a necessity in these situations demands it.
- In some marriages, the husband is not only cheating on the wife but also emotionally and physically abusing her. This is just too much. A girl marries a man, leaving everything behind. No questions asked, she dedicates her life to him and in return, this is what she has to bear?
I would suggest women get out of a cheating relationship. A man who crosses such boundaries will most probably never change. If a woman suffers any kind of severe emotional or physical harm at the hands of her husband, she should leave him. By staying you are inflicting pain on yourself. Children suffer a lot in unhappy marriages, so if you do love your children raise them in an environment of love and affection.
This is just my opinion. Just remember, no matter what you are going through in life be strong and stand up for yourself. And, most importantly, never lose faith.