A brilliantly white T-shirt is a multipurpose item in a wardrobe that never goes out of style. However, the T-shirt won’t stay brilliantly white forever, and often men and women around the world face with the question of how to bleach the white T-shirt.
How to keep your white T-shirt white
The first thing you should be worried about when buying white clothes is how to care for them. In order for clothes not to lose their brightness, you have to follow these rules:
- do not wash white clothing together with colored clothing;
- cotton or linen clothing cannot be washed together with wool or synthetics;
- you should add a liquid or powder bleach.
Bleaching a T-shirt
It happens sometimes that, despite all the measures that you have taken, the former whiteness is lost. But do not rush to throw out your shirt. There are some ways that can help restore its former beauty.
This is one of the old and proven methods. It should be used only on cotton clothing. There are a few different recipes for a boiling solution.
- At the ratio of 500 grams per 10 liters of water, add bleaching powder and soda ash. After letting the solution settle for two days, filter it, and start boiling clothes. Boil for at least 2 hours.
- Add 25–30 ml of ammonia and 4 teaspoons of soda to a container with water. Boil the clothes for the same 2 hours, and then rinse the clothing thoroughly.
- For short-term boiling, use a solution with the addition of 2-3 tablets dry bleach and 20 milliliters of hydrogen peroxide. This way, boil your clothes no longer than 40 minutes.
Hydrogen peroxide solution
One of the housewives’ favorite ways of bleaching clothes does not involve boiling. To prepare this solution, add hydrogen peroxide (at the rate of 1 teaspoon per 2 liters of water) and a handful of baking soda to water. The clothing is soaked in this solution for 20-25 minutes.
Potassium permanganate (manganese solution)
Potassium permanganate, or ordinary manganese solution, is also used for bleaching. To use this method, you need to make a weak (pale pink) solution of manganese solution and add 200 grams of ordinary laundry detergent to hand wash. Then put in the solution all clothes that require to be bleached and, after waiting for it cool completely, remove the clothes and rinse them well.