I haven’t had the occasion to send my hubby any care packages of late. However, since that time I came upon the awesome method for how to wrap care package boxes on the inside, and I just had to try it out.
I decided to add some fun to a friend’s birthday gift box and wrap it up. I thought I’d fill you in on how it works in case you haven’t tried it yet either!
Tips on how to decorate a box
You will need:
- Wrapping paper. I chose the kind that had the grids on the back because it made it a lot easier to line up when everything was upside-down.
- Glue. I used Elmer’s liquid glue but you could use other varieties. A glue stick would work but would take longer. Just be sure your glue isn’t too wet so it doesn’t soak too much into the paper.
- USPS flat rate box. You could use another type of box, but the USPS box is FREE and it only seals in one place so it’s super easy to take apart and lay flat.
Let’s start decorating! All steps are below.
- Take apart the USPS flat rate box at the seal (this one is size medium). It should easily come off with gentle pressure.
- Spread out the wrapping paper with the backside facing up. I left the roll attached rather than cutting off a strip so it would help the paper to lay flat.
- Lay the flat rate box on top of the wrapping paper with the inside facing up.
- Drop glue on the back so it covers all sections of the cardboard.
- Carefully flip the cardboard over and glue the inside of the box to the back of the wrapping paper.
- Cut along the sides of the box and up the cracks of the box edges, then flip over.
- Glue down any paper edges that aren’t fully sealed to the box and let dry.
- When all the glue is dry, glue box back together at the seal, AND tape firmly in place. I added extra tape on the outside to make sure it wouldn’t come apart.
There are some care package decoration ideas on how you can wrap the box on the inside! Now you can close up the box in the normal way, and you’re ready to fill it, seal it up and send it with love!